ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Rose Drawing for Valentine's Day


I needed a quick and effective one day lesson for a new group of students I had. This rose drawing lesson gave me a really good indication of each student's level. As well, they were able to take their art home that day and give it to someone for Valentine's Day. 
I found the drawing tutorial on Art Projects for Kids

My class is a mixed group of Grade 4,5,6 students, so this tutorial has enough detail 
to make the rose look dimensional, but not so much to make it difficult. 
I demonstrated for them how to draw the rose, then some simple shading techniques using coloured pencils. Students were encouraged to add their own details to make it their own style. 







 







 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...