ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, November 20, 2023

Symmetrical Mandala Drawings



I have posted on this mandala lesson previously HERE.
This project is super detailed so takes a LONG time for students to complete!  We started these in September!

I found the original lesson posted HERE.

I pre-trace all the circles using a bowl on 9x12" drawing paper. 
Students cut them out then fold them twice or three times. Draw a design in one of the sections. Then unfold and trace that same design onto all the other sections (we use windows).

We watched a video on Tibetan sand mandalas at the start of this lesson. 







Outline using a fine tip Sharpie or micron pen.


Test out colours and practice gradients on scrap paper. 
Students had to include a gradient in at least ne area.





Some finished Grade 7,8,9 Mandalas:




















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...