ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, June 12, 2023

Bioluminescent Jellyfish Drawings


This is a wonderful drawing lesson that involves drawing a glowing jellyfish first in white coloured pencil, then layering colours on top. I found the idea for this lesson HERE on the amazing Italian art website Arteascuola.

Grade 7 - 9 students found an image of a bioluminescent jellyfish online. They each have their own laptop, so they used the image as their reference photo. They drew it all in white coloured pencil, pressing harder in the areas that are brighter. They are essentially colouring the highlights. 


It helps to use a high quality black construction paper for this, like Tru Ray or this Crayola brand, which I recently discovered. I really like it. 


Finish coloring everything in white.



Then layer colours on top. The white helps the colours glow. 




Some finished artworks: Grade 7,8 and 9 students






















 

2 comments:

Iris Song said...

I am amazed at how well everybody drew. All the artwork is beautifully done!

Miss said...

Thank you Iris :) I was also impressed by how well everyone did on this project. Working from a reference photo definitely helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...