ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, April 24, 2023

Mother's Day Whimsical Flower Garden Painting


I was smart this year and started my Mother's Day art project weeks ahead of time. During the spring, many of our students go on field trips, there's spring break, kids leave early to go on extended vacations, etc. So a few missed classes, kids absent from classes etc. Projects take much longer to complete this time of year!

Grade 4- 6 students completed these watercolour flower garden paintings for Mother's Day 
a couple of weeks ago. In Canada, Mother's Day is May 14th.
I found the inspiration for this lesson on the fabulous website Art Projects for Kids HERE.

Students started by drawing a whimsical flower garde, They needed to include a variety of flowers and I demonstrated how to draw some different types. Once all drawn, they outlined everything in Sharpie. Then they coloured the grass and flowers using coloured pencils. I showed them how to shade flowers using two different shades. They needed to use, at least, two colours per flower for interest. 



Once everything was coloured, they painted the sky using blue liquid watercolours, leaving a thin white outline around all the shapes.



For a final touch, I taught them how to draw a banner/scroll. They wrote a message and cut it out and glued it onto their artwork.
I hope their mom's like them!


















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...