ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Stylized Radial Winter Landscape

 



Grade 4 - 6 students created these contemporary winter landscapes using cereal boxes, 
construction paper, tempera and markers. 

We traced large circles onto cereal boxes and cut them out. Then students painted them a chosen sky colour using tempera paint. 


Once dry, they traced the circle onto white paper and cut out hills of snow 
and glued it onto the sky circle.



Using construction paper, students cut out a variety of triangle tree shapes and glued those on. 
They used gold markers to draw on tree trunks.




Finally, they added some falling snow adding a white gel pen or paint.













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...