ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Scrap Paper Abstract Collage


This was a paper collage lesson I did with my Grade 4,5,6 students for our last project in June. 
It's that chaotic last week when some students are missing, they're hyper, I'm tired, so us teachers need a simple yet engaging art project to get us through the last days.

So this project only needs scrap colored paper, scissors and glue sticks. I keep a big box in my room where kids put any leftover pieces of paper we use in projects. It fills up FAST yet I still find it difficult to purge this crazy box of scrap paper, lol


So I asked students to choose a colour scheme and then simply cut out organic shapes and try to really fill their paper with lots of shapes.







Once everything was glued down, they had the option of adding some lines with markers.
I didn't get many pics of finished pieces but hopefully you can get the idea. 




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let creativity commence! It is fun to see how some were simple and organic, while others were more thought out and precise. Lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...