ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Kawaii Style Arctic Animals Painting

 


We had an Arctic themed book fair at our school a couple of years ago. The Librarian asked if my kids could make some art to decorate the event, so I came up with this lesson.

On poster paper, students drew a large kawaii style arctic animal of their choice. I used the style done by the Youtube channel "Draw So Cute"- I love it so much!




Once drawn, they painted them in cool toned pastels using tempera paint.



Let dry, then outline everything with a charcoal pencil and blend for a soft smoky effect.



Cut them out and you're finished!


Some finished Grade 4 - 6 animals!










































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...