ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Layered Painted Paper Snowflakes


Grade 2 students made these lovely layered snowflakes using watercolours.
I traced thee different sizes of circles onto large 11 x 17" white photocopy paper. I made a photocopy for each student. They painted these using watercolours; you could also use tempera or tempera cakes. 


Cut all three circles out.


I showed them how to fold each circle three times and then cut into it to create a frilly snowflake. 



Glue all three snowflakes together, going from largest to smallest. 


Choose a plastic gem and glue it to the center for a bit of razzle dazzle!




Some finished Grade 2 results!






 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! I'm planning to have my grade 2 students complete them tomorrow as a special fun Friday activity. Thank you so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...