ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Torn Paper Cardinal Collage


This is a pretty and textural project using torn construction paper. We did cardinals but next year I will try a variety of birds. You could do birds from your own province or region or your provincial/state bird, etc. 

You can see my previous post on this project HERE

Materials: construction paper (lots of red, a bit of black and orange), glue sticks or white glue, scissors.

Grade 4-6 students started by sketching out a large cardinal shape to fill a large sheet of red construction paper. They cut this shape out- use the scraps and tear them into long horizontal strips. Starting at the top or bottom, start gluing down and overlapping the stirps of torn paper. You can use different shades of red for the winds and tail. Fill everything and then collage on the face using black (we use scissors to cut this part out. Add an orange beak and paper eyes and voila!



Grade 4 - 6 results:












 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...