ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, April 19, 2021

Colourful Portraits with Bleeding Tissue


My Grade 4 - 6 class recently finished these colourful portraits using Sharpies and bleeding tissue paper.
I was inspired by THIS project the the Teach Kids Art website. She saw it originally on the Art Projects for Kids website but I couldn't find the link.

I taught students basic face proportions and they drew a face on heavy white paper.
They then traced over their lines with a permanent black marker.  


I precut some various colours of bleeding tissue paper and put them in a box. 
I use PACON brand- it's the best and most reliable by far. Students choose two or three colours and cut them into squares.


Then they paint water on their drawing, then put down a square of tissue then a bit more water. 


Towards the end they can peel them all off to reveal the colour transfer. 


Let these dry overnight!




















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...