ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Friday, February 19, 2021

Underwater Scratch Art using Oil Pastels


Here's a classic art lesson that's been taught by art teachers for decades: diy scratch art.
Grade 4 students drew an underwater scene on cardstock. \they outlined the pencil lines with a thick sharpie. Then they coloured in everything using light coloured oil pastels. The colours need to be light!!


Then cover it with a coat of black tempera and let dry. Use a wooden stylus to scratch out designs all over the picture. These look so cool when finished!!








 

1 comment:

Vasa said...

Thanks for sharing this! I’m delighted with this information, where such important moments are captured. All the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...