ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Reptiles in Chalk Pastel


I've posted this lesson previously HERE where you can find all the steps. 
I found the lesson HERE on the School Specialty website. 
This project has evolved to include not only reptiles, but any animal with patterns essentially. The goal is to somewhat camouflage it onto the background. By adding cardboard squares underneath the animal, the animals pops off the page in a low relief style. 
I don't know about your students but my students have a love/hate relationship with both chalk and oil pastels! I love chalk pastels though they are messy. But I love the velvety blending capabilities it has especially on a rich black construction paper. 

Some Grade 7-9 finished artworks:





 

2 comments:

We at Calgary's Parks said...

Very beautiful...was thinking about Escher's reptiles.Perhaps we can do something together on that one day!

Miss said...

Yes! Cool idea Marina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...