ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, October 12, 2020

Haunted House Silhouette Painting

 


This is a fantastic Halloween project that I saw on TV one day when I was at home on a sick day a few years ago. It was on the British art kids show "Art Attack" (is it still on??) I remember scrawling down the instructions on a scrap of paper thinking in what a great lesson it would be for my junior high students. You could use it to focus on Victorian architecture, for example. Or Gothic or castles, etc.

The instructions and steps are posted HERE on my original post. 

You simply need 12 x 18" construction paper and India ink. 
My students use laptops to find reference materials online.  
Here are some Grade 7 - 9 results from a couple of years ago. 











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...