ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Dali Inspired Surrealist Animals


This project was inspired by the 1948 painting The Elephants by the Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dalí. I introduced my Grade 5 students to the work of Dali and we discussed his style- barren landscapes with a real sense of depth and space, highly realistic details, lots of random objects grouped together.


They sketched these in pencil first, then outlined in Sharpie 
and painted using watercolours. 












3 comments:

Mr. E said...

I love your spin on this lesson !!!! I'm going to have to try it with my kiddos! Thank you for sharing.

AI said...

What a terrific tribute to Dali! Kids have done such a fantastic job. Take a bow, teacher:)

Art Grain said...

Thanks for sharing information on creative classes for kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...