ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Remembrance Day Collage Peace Doves


Every year I try to design a new project for Remembrance Day. This year I decided on a torn paper collage of doves as I found some textured paper that I'd had for years and 
hadn't gotten around to using. 
On 11x17" large heavy paper, Grade 4 - 6 students sketched out a dove shape. 


Then they cut it out. 


Each student then took a square of the textured paper and tore it into 
rectangular feather-like shapes.


Using white glue and a paintbrush , they collaged the paper 
onto their dove shape. 


Finally, they added a beak and a eye made from construction paper.
I love the soft textured effect of these birds!



Some Grade 4 - 6 results!























1 comment:

aks said...

So nice!!!
For my Grade 6 Host Country Studies class Project https://www.teachercurator.com/ancient-greek-art/telling-us-goodbye/
I will show my students your work for inspiration! Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...