ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Geometric Painted Hearts


I found some thin washi tape at Michaels a while back and absolutely love it- it has so many uses within the art room. I developed this painted heart lesson using this tape. 
So Grade 8 student created a symmetrical heart on folded paper and used this as a template to trace onto cardstock. Then they could either leave the paper white and put the tape on in geometric lines or paint it a colour first such as gold. 

Once the tape was put down students used tempera paint in whatever colour(s) they wanted. Many chose to do an ombre or gradation using tints of a colour.  Once this dries, peel off the tape (satisfying!!) and cut out the heart.








Some Grade 8 examples:






this student added a dandelion onto the background which is gorgeous.



this student created a galaxy







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...