ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bunny Collage with Pastel Stripes


Posting this a little late (one day before Easter, haha) but here you are nonetheless! It also makes a super cute Spring themed lesson.These are adorable mixed media bunnies by Grade 2 students that we did a couple of years ago. 
I found the lesson HERE on the website "Learning in Spain".  I thought the project was so pretty and adorable- pastel colours are my weakness so I knew I had to try it!

I pre-mixed a bunch of pastel coloured tempera into bottles. 
We discussed how to create a 'tint' or a 'pastel' colour (any colour plus white).


On heavy white 9 x 12" paper, students painted a pattern of stripes. 


The next class, students created their bunnies. I showed them how to fold over a flap on white paper on which to draw one bunny ear. This keeps the ears symmetrical. They drew their bunny face/head on the bottom part of the paper. Then outlined it in marker. 



They colour in the ears and then cut everything out and 
glue it onto their painted background paper. 



So adorable!!!! I love all the different types of bunnies. 
Some Grade 2 results:












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...