ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Chalk Pastel Snowmen in Profile


We have a loooong winter where I live, so I tend to do quite a few winter-themed lessons. I sure love how they look but do not enjoy the cold at all!  This is a snowmen lesson where I wanted to show my Grade 3's how they can give the illusion of distance or space in their work by using two different sizes of snowmen. I had them draw them in profile just to mix it up a bit. 

They started off by drawing their snowmen in pencil on 12" x 12" 
light blue construction paper.


For colouring them, I gave students the choice between chalk pastels (great for blending but soooo messy) or construction paper crayons (not so great for blending but soooo clean!)


Once everything was coloured, students outlined their pictures with a black coloured pencil.


Some Grade 3 results:















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...