ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Paper Loop Flowers


An easy and fun summer craft that would make a lovely Mother's Day craft. I did this with my Grade 4's during the last week of school- it was simple enough to prep for a teacher tired at the end of the year yet fun enough for my kids to keep them busy and entertained for two classes! Win!

They started off by painting heavy sheets of white paper (cardstock works great) 
with liquid watercolours. Let these dry.


The next class, students used a ruler to measure 2cm strips on the back of their paper. 
Some wanted to make them thinner.


Then they traced a circle (use a lid) onto construction paper and decorated then. They glued their paper strips into loops and glued those onto the back of the circle.
I found bubble tea straws at the Dollaw Store- they worked much better for the 'stem' than regular straws- much sturdier. I used a glue gun to attach the kids flowers to the straws.


Some Grade 4 flowers:













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...