ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wacky Witches Legs


This was a super fun Halloween art project I did with my Grade 4-6 mixed elective class- the famous "Witches Legs" you see all over Pinterest. I'm not sure who posted the original project but I looked at lots of different blogs for inspiration.

My students started off by painting a striped background on heavy white paper using tempera pucks.


While the background dries, prepare your legs and skirt. I pulled out my big scrap paper box plus grabbed some of the bright coloured copy paper from the photocopy room :)
Students went to town and needed very little assistance.



Once the background paper is dry, glue the skirt and legs on. 
I find white glue sticks better to painted tempera surfaces.



I brought out all my little 'bits & bobs' for decorations: buttons, sequins, lace scraps, 
stick-on jewels, glitter glue, etc. The cheap $1.50 bins near the checkout at Michaels are a great place to find lots of fun, sparkly, stick-on crafting items.



I love how they all turned out!
























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...