ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Chocolate Bar Wrapper Design


This was a total fluke lesson which turned out really well. When I was away from school at a conference one day, I left the dvd "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for the Grade 7 class to watch. When I came back, I had them design their own wrapper for a chocolate bar. They had to include a name, a catchy phrase to promote the bar, and list the key ingredients. I gave them a template I found online that you simply cut out, fold and glue. Students used coloured pencils, markers and collage. Some that finished early wrapped a piece of cardboard with tin foil and stuck it inside the wrapper. 
Great job everyone!














8 comments:

Marilena said...

Your students did a fantastic job with the design.

I would not mind tasting the Pluto chocolate.

Phyl said...

Wow, these are fabulous!!

Miriam Paternoster said...

great idea!! Thank for your amazing suggestions!

Mrs. Skojec said...

Ooh! These are such fun! I bet they loved doing the designs for them! Great project!

Joelle said...

Your students did a great job! The colors are beautiful...and they use different effects! Beautiful...and yummy :-)

Miss said...

Thank you everyone! The students really enjoyed making these!

Laurie said...

Dear Miss,
This was a fantastic media project for my secondary 1 students. You helped me a lot. Once again. I'm a big fan. Seriously.
I upgraded it a little bit, adding a big context amongst my classes. Each class will have to choose the 3 best bars of another class. The big winner will have a surprise (chocolate?). A fun way to include appreciation in class! Well, we'll see.

Miss said...

Thanks Laurie! Your upgrade sounds fantastic- love the voting idea and the prize- will have to try that next time for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...