ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Frankenstein Drawing


This was a guided drawing lesson I did with a Grade 1 class. I like to show them how to draw things by breaking them down into simple shapes. For Frankenstein, I always start off with a little explanation of the man/monster and then do a really bad impression of him walking, with my arms outstretched, and then I moan a bit. Most of the kids think it's hilarious, but there's always a couple that are a bit scared!

Anyway, we start off with the head- a big oval with a flat top, then add the rest of the features. We didn't include a neck- simply the shoulders as a straight line to the edge of the paper and a collar for the jacket. I draw it with them, step-by-step in their sketchbooks first, then they draw it themselves again on a large sheet of paper. Outline all the lines with a black marker. Then they coloured them with oil pastels. Looking at these now, I realize we put the bolts in the wrong place- for some reason I thought they came out of his temples, when, in fact, they come out of his neck. My bad.

These drawings always turn out really wacky, funny and a bit creepy!

2 comments:

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

These Frankenstein drawings are adorable.
I like the triangle legs of the first one.

Miss said...

Thanks Chesterbrook! Actually, those aren't legs; it's his collar on his jacket! But as legs they would be totally cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...