ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wax Resist Bookmarks



I found this cute and easy activity on the Lost Button Studio website
It's a good project if you have scraps of leftover cardstock/heavy paper, which I always do. 
My Grade 1 students used neon oil pastels to draw patterns and designs on the card,
then did a watercolour wash over the top. 

You always gets 'oohs and aaahs' from the little ones when they see the oil pastels resisting the paint. Let dry, laminate, punch a hole at the top and add some yarn. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...