ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Layered Snowflakes


I found this lovely lesson from Whitney Elementary School on Artsonia.

 
I did it with my Grade 6 class as a 'filler' lesson when half the class was away on a ski trip. 
 It took approx. one 90 minute period.  Here's how we did it:



We used regular coloured photocopycopy paper (we actually used pastel, but aftertwards I thought we should have used the brights...oh well, next time, right!

A variety of sizes of lids to trace circles (or use a compass).


So, a typical snowflake: cut out a circle, fold the circle three times, draw a design and cut it out.


So here are three snowflakes of varying shapes, sizes and colours.
You can do four if you wish!

Carefully glue stick them together in the centers.....

Ta da!










  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...