ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Friday, January 21, 2011

Junk Mail Art

I got this great little recycling art project from A Little Hut blog: http://alittlehut.blogspot.com/2007/05/recycling.html
She has all sorts of great recycling craft projects and many paper craft projects.

Because this project uses x-acto knives, it did it with a Grade 9/10 class that I completely trusted.  I always get nervous using x-acto's with students, but I always give a safety tutorial first and so far- knock on wood- I've had no injuries/cuts.

Here's how we did this project:

Cut your junk mail/flyers into a variety of thin strips. We just cut them with scissors.
  Look for flyers that have interesting colours. Use a glue stick to glue them on a piece of cardstock. 
This is just regular 8 x 11 size.

On cardstock, draw a simple stencil.  You need to include a thin border- at least 3cm or so.

Cut it out with an x-acto knife.

And then simply glue it on top of the junk mail strips!

Here are some of the work by my former Grade 9/10 class:






2 comments:

patti vincent said...

Great post. Thank you for being a wonderful creative teacher. The grade 9 and 10 art is fantastic. I am especially drawn to the spray can and Passion.

Miss said...

Thanks Patti!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...